Polmanbabel is a university within the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education located in Sungailiat, Bangka Regency, Bangka Belitung Islands Province. Polmanbabel was established based on the Regulation of the Minister of National Education of the Republic of Indonesia Number 25 of 2010 concerning the Establishment, Organization, and Work Procedure of the Bangka Belitung State Manufacturing Polytechnic dated October 18, 2010. Polmanbabel comes from a private university called the Technical Academy "POLMAN TIMAH" organized by the Tin Polytechnic Foundation which was established on January 31, 1994 based on the Deed dated January 31, 1994 through the Decree of the Minister of Justice of the Republic of Indonesia dated May 14, 1993 Number C-96.HT.03.01. The Technical Academy "POLMAN TIMAH" was changed to Tin Manufacturing Polytechnic based on the Decree of the Minister of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia Number 112/D/O/1999 dated July 13, 1999.
Polmanbabel has an octagonal-shaped symbol with a tick-shaped upper left side consisting of 3 (three) blue blocks and 1 (one) gray block. The Polmanbabel symbol as referred to in has the following meanings:
- the octagonal shape has the meaning of commitment to the implementation of higher education that emphasizes the engineering field;
- 3 (three) beams in the shape of a boat have the meaning of sailing the ocean in order to carry out the tridharma mandate of higher education;
- the tick form has the meaning of always being quality oriented both in the process and in the results;
- the blue color has the meaning of depth of knowledge; and
- The color gray has the meaning of brilliance.
The color referred to has a code:
- blue color coded (RGB) R:051, G:077, B:128 #334D80 or (CMYK) C:100, M:60, Y:5, K:50.
- gray color coded (RGB) R:153, G:153, B:153 #999999 or (CMYK) C:46, M:37, Y:35, K:0.